Friday, October 21, 2011

Hot Tub Time Machine and old friends

After I got home from ultimate last night, I watched a hilarious movie called Hot Tub Time Machine.  I've been thinking of old friends a lot this week, people I've been friends with since university years, for over 25 years.  They are an important part of my life and I make a big effort to stay in touch with them: I saw one (high school and university) friend in Vancouver last week while there on business and I'm staying over with a friend in Ottawa next week while I'm in town for another (rare) business trip.  I've seen 2 other friends here in Toronto over the last few weeks and we go to concerts often together.  I have two of one of my oldest friends live just 4 blocks from me and I'm seeing another tomorrow in Paris, Ontario.  Over the last year, I've also met up with an old university friend who lives in New York.  Including, my wife who I met in 1986, that makes a circle of 9 university friends whose friendships I cherish.


Well, that's not really really a coincidence, but perhaps one of the reasons I chose to watch the movie late last night.  But I wrote another blog this week on inTunein and I made a reference to an old song called Obsession by Animotion.  Of course, that song was was one of the many great 80's tracks in the movie.  Also have to say in closing, the last scene was just a perfect fit for The Talking Head's Once in a Lifetime.

No comments: