Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Cars

My brother in-law is a massive music fan and loves vinyl (and he just bought a very old Dual turntable).  He told me about a second-hand vinyl show scheduled at a neighbourhood community centre tomorrow.  I'm thinking of joining him and on the drive home tonight I was thinking about some of the albums I have (to sell perhaps or to buy for nostalgic reasons).  I was recalling that The Cars' Candy-O was one of the first albums I bought when I frist came to Canada.

As usual, we were flicking around various radio stations on the drive home and as I'm thinking about The Cars, I switch to Q107 and they are playing You're All I've Got Tonight from The Cars' debut album.

1 comment:

Eco said...

Hmmmm - maybe there is something to this coincidence thing...On our way home from the Leaf game last week, we also heard "You're all I've got Tonight" by the Cars (On Q, of course) and were talking about how great the Candy-O album was - I specifically recalled someone in my grade 9 class bringing the album to school...